[Pseudohouse] [Pseudohouse]

I love it! Despite the criticism you've drawn for this song's repetition, I find it almost flawless. The melody that plays throughout the song is great--I love the mellow mood it conveys. I like how you start adding more layers toward and during the climax. The sidechaining didn't annoy me that much. In fact, I didn't even really notice it until I saw your mention of it in the description. The only minor flaw is the lack of a noticeable bass line, but the kick sorta makes up for it. Nice work, and you should make more songs like this.

[Norato] - Life [Norato] - Life

Really neat concept. I found the lead synths enjoyable and I really enjoyed the childhood, adult, and old age sections. However, the background sound effects that indicated each stage of life are rather annoying. Would it be possible for you to upload a version of this song with purely music and no sound effects?

Norato responds:

I can send it to you, but I am not going to upload it on NG.

Nouveau Nouveau

Dang, that's pretty good stuff. It sounds very reminiscent of 90's era rap songs to me, and it is super catchy. The drum set, bassline, and overall atmosphere is superb. It drew me in instantly. Nice work!

BuggMusic responds:

Hey, thanks a lot!

We Shall Ride We Shall Ride

I'm not gonna lie, this is pretty epic. Choir voices at the beginning are pretty cool, but the part that really grabbed my attention was the trombone/brass feature at 0:49. The percussion sounds are really awesome. I'm guessing that you have the Premium/upgraded version of Magix Music Maker MX?
And it sucks that you got disqualified from the competition. This is a great piece.

Fifra responds:

thanks for a great review. much appreciated.

The Clouds Draw Over the Brook The Clouds Draw Over the Brook

Nice work, I like the waltz rhythm and the flute melody at the intro. It makes me think of a fancy European dinner party. The middle section entered somewhat abruptly and it was kinda the last thing I'd expect to hear from such a happy melody from the intro. The harp and low plucking strings remind me of the Hitman: Blood Money soundtrack (not that it's a bad thing). The transition back into the waltz was executed greatly. Not a bad job, the instruments all sound very realistic. Keep up the good work!

[GF]Sky[GF] [GF]Sky[GF]

The intro reminded me a bit of Jay Lumen until the synths kicked in. The break was pretty nice. The telephone-sounding synth at around 3:06 got slightly annoying, but it didn't stop me from downloading the song. Overall, nice work!

Han Altae-Tran - Frore In Situ Han Altae-Tran - Frore In Situ

Great job!

I like the consistent pads in the background that gives the song an airy, chilly feel. I also like how the beat has a lot of bass. Great job once again, and I can't wait for your next song!

PrEmoEffect responds:

Hey, thank you so much! I don't really know when the next one will be. My presumption is that it will be a long time (6 months +) until I finish for the summer basically. Glad to have you around!

Oh, and I also want to add that I also used this in a vs. with Armin van Buuren. I might post that later.

Premoeffect - Stroma Premoeffect - Stroma

Awesome!

This song is just absolutely great in so many aspects. It doesn't drag on too long and that electro bass is just stunningly eargasmic. That middle section had a nice build-up. I love the overall airy feel that is present in many of your songs. Keep up the great work!

PrEmoEffect responds:

Hey, thanks for coming back! I really appreciate your comments. I tried really hard to make this ideal for everyday listening, but unfortunately, that makes it unsuitable for clubs, not that it matters ;P. Glad you enjoyed it.

Melancholia (House Mix) Melancholia (House Mix)

0_0

Oh my God, this song is so beautiful and awesome...I don't know why, but the first time I listened to this a few months ago, I wasn't too impressed; but now, it has really struck me as a great song. It expresses my current feelings quite well (as well as the title). I jsut wish that there was some more variety, but I'm glad you didn't deviate from the chord progression (which makes the song great).

PrEmoEffect responds:

I'm glad you changed your mind :) I haven't released any new tracks for a while, but I have 2 near done tracks from the summer, but I need to master them. I'm in school right now, so I probably won't have time to work on it much, but I've wanted to come back to something similar to this style. In particular, I want to redo "In Spite of 1984" because I feel that the structure and synths could be improved, and that the mastering could be better done. Hey, thanks for stopping by :).

Impossible to Convey (Orig) Impossible to Convey (Orig)

Great!

This song is really good and beautiful. From 3:01 to the end of the song is just beautiful--the piano melody and the chord progression in the background are just stunningly ear-pleasing. I wonder, though, why this is classified as House, since the BPM resembles that of trance to me. But oh well, good song.

PrEmoEffect responds:

Haha, the song has a tempo of 135 bpm, so it's along the "faster" house tracks. Now that I listen to it more and more, I don't really feel that it's house though. Probably because people have kept telling me that it doesn't sound like it. Not much I can do now. Thanks for expressing kind comments. It made my day (especially the part about the ending of the song :) )